• Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of our clients’ businesses, their target audiences, marketing strategies and competitive landscapes. Watch for trends and flag best practices.
• Build and manage relationships with all types of people and personalities. Be calm, direct, understanding, tactful, diplomatic and solutions-oriented.
• Exercise shrewd judgement, anticipating and managing risks, flagging them to the internal and external team, and proposing and enacting potential solutions.
• Provide day-to-day client services on projects related to assigned clients. Be responsive and service-oriented.
• Manage the project schedule, specifications, budget, scope and related documentation. Flag discrepancies appropriately.
• Clarify and assign tasks and deadlines to a team of design, web and production specialists. Manage interim reviews and monitor progress.
• Support the timely flow and filing of information and documentation between SOS, our clients and any third parties on the project team. Be clear and transparent.
• Attend client meetings, draft meeting agendas, write contact reports, prepare project briefs and status reports.
You’ll manage a specialized portfolio of accounts that will require you to think in 3 dimensions. There will be real estate projects with construction hoarding to be measured, designed, printed and installed. Environmental design with signage and infrastructure. You’ll need to be measured, methodical, and have good spatial thinking. We hope you’re really good at Tetris.
• Three to five years’ experience managing projects in a busy agency environment.
• Initiative and hustle – you want to take ownership of projects and feel best when you're busy.
• Passion, experience and knowledge about design and its ability t build brands and solve problems.
• You need to be a great written and oral communicator with solid proofreading and grammatical skills.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects, multiple stakeholders and shifting priorities simultaneously.
• Ability to collaborate and be a team player, working with a cross-functional team of people who have deliverables beyond those you've assigned.
• Take a practical approach to process. Stay one step ahead. Two steps, ideally.
• A sense of humour, a collegial approach, a can-do attitude, a belief in client service.
Send us your CV and cover letter. Be sure to let us know which of our clients you'd most like to work with and why.